Updating your password is a pretty simple process whichever online account you are using and should take less than 15 minutes.
The most important steps are:-
A. Choosing a secure password – which meets the criteria of the website
B. Memorising it or writing it down in a SECURE place !
C. Having a Recovery phone and/or email address to use in case you forget it
Below are the steps to begin the password change process if you’re a Gmail user:
- Log into your account – if you’re not already done so.
- Click on ‘Manage your Google account’.
- Click on ‘Security’ button on the left hand side.
- Half way down, under the picture of a key, you will see the date you last changed password – click on it.
- You will be asked to type in your current password (you can use the eye icon to view it).
- Type your new password and then click on Change Password.
Depending on your PC stup, some questions may come up – you may wish to ask Julia the PC GP for help if unsure what to do (form below!)
I will soon be uploading a post with the steps for Outlook.com, BT Internet, Yahoo and other popular email services and other accounts.
If you need help in the meantime, just get in touch with me.
If your need for support is URGENT, please call on 07532 023 563