Updating your password is a pretty simple process whichever online account you are using and should take less than 15 minutes.
The most important steps are:-
A. Choosing a secure password – which meets the criteria of the website
B. Memorising it or writing it down in a SECURE place !
C. Having a Recovery phone and/or email address to use in case you forget it
Below are the steps to begin the password change process if you’re a Gmail user:
- Log into your account – if you’re not already done so.
- Click on ‘Manage your Google account’.
- Click on ‘Security’ button on the left hand side.
- Half way down, under the picture of a key, you will see the date you last changed password – click on it.
- You will be asked to type in your current password (you can use the eye icon to view it).
- Type your new password and then click on Change Password.
Depending on your PC stup, some questions may come up – you may wish to ask Julia the PC GP for help if unsure what to do (form below!)
I will soon be uploading a post with the steps for Outlook.com, BT Internet, Yahoo and other popular email services and other accounts.