1. Are you a ‘light’ user of Word, Excel or PowerPoint? Yes
2. Are you happy to store your documents in OneDrive? Yes
If so, you could spend £0.00 by using Office Online with your Microsoft account, storing the documents you create on the standard OneDrive 5GB cloud storage allowance.
After simply logging into www.office.com via any web browser, you will have access to this feature-packed Dashboard:-
If you select Word, you will see this screen, ready to use:-
If you need more features such as:-
1. Needing to work on documents when not connected to the internet
2. Needing to work on documents on your own PC or a memory stick
3. Needing features not available in the Online versions, eg mailmerge
4. Needing to use Office 365 Apps on your mobile devices
Microsoft make it easy to upgrade your account to Office 365 Personal or Family from £5.99 a month, cancellable at any time.
See my post on Office 365